The work of leading God’s people has always been, and by definition always will be, challenging. But today’s pastors face unique pressures. If you’re a church leader sinking under the weight of these pressures, Barnabas Ministries can help.
Barnabas Ministries is a network of people and resources that exists to “connect, encourage, inspire, and enable pastors” in their calling. Check out what they have to offer here.
On the Barnabas Ministries website is this helpful graphic taken from Pastors at Greater Risk by H. B. London. It gives you a sense of some of the daunting challenges pastors face today. To this list I would add:
– The celebrity culture in which we live, that denies the glory of the ordinary;
– The pastor’s own insecurities and need for approval;
– The financial problems plaguing our nation and members of the congregation;
– Opposition by Satan, who despises God, the church, church members and church leaders;
– And the increasing suspicion and hostility of the world, which is by nature allergic to God.
All these pressures, and more, demand that we be people who keep in step with the Spirit, fight the good fight of faith, have a set of close friends on whom we can rely, and live out of the Savior’s great love for us in the gospel.
I enjoyeed reading this